250 grams plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
20 grams dill – roughly chopped wiry threads (approx. 40 grams small dill bunches with stems removed)
200 grams unsalted butter
90 grams light brown sugar
55 grams granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
170 grams white chocolate coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 175° C / 350° F. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix flour, baking soda and chopped dill in a bowl and put aside.
- Take approx. half the butter and melt in a saucepan.. Continue to cook until butter is lightly browned.
- In a new bowl, combine lightly browned butter with remaining butter and mix until all butter is melted.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla to the bowl with melted butter. Mix until fully incorporated and no sugar chunks remain.
- Beat eggs into butter mixture. Let rest for a moment and beat again until mixture is glossy and slightly thick.
- Combine butter and flour mixtures. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold white chocolate chunks into mixture.
- Spoon cookie dough onto the baking tray and sprinkle each cookie with a small pinch of salt flakes.
- Bake in oven for 10-14 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on the outside edges.